IBI

Merkavim Transportation Technologies Ltd

Merkavim is one of the oldest industrial plants in the country, having been established in 1946. The company began by developing and manufacturing bus bodies on various imported chassis.
Merkavim Transport Technologies – under the joint ownership of Volvo International and the Mayer Group –  is now one of the most progressive bus chassis manufacturers in the world .
Volvo chose Merkavim as its main bus chassis manufacturer and received approval and recognition from the European institute , RDW,   as a European manufacturer .
The company now operates some of the most advanced production plants in Europe and is constantly developing and producing a wide range of new models.
Its production line uses some of the most innovative technology available today.
Alongside its production and extensive quality control systems, Merkavim also has an engineering and independent development division .

The factory is located in Caesarea's new industrial park.

It can produce 600 buses a year .

Approximately 550 employees work at the plant.

Main Models Mars ( intercity ), Apollo ( tourist ), Pioneer ( city ), Articulated City BRT, Bulletproof , Minibuses .

 

Company Milestones

1946 – The first plant is built in Petah Tikva

1996 – Mayer and Volvo International acquire 50% of the company

1998 –  Move to the new plant in Caesarea

1999 – Mayer acquires the remaining 50% from Koor and increases its holdings to 74%, with Volvo International holding the remaining 26%

2010 – Record production and sales of 600 buses in one year 

Contact

Caesarea Industrial Park 38900 Israel
22 Granite St, POB 3050
Phone: 04-6176063
Fax: 04-6176064
marketing@merkavim.co.il

site/bottom/nagish monsite software Web developmen